Advancing, Not Just Fighting 2.0: Discussion Questions
1. Do you think everyone is called to confront publicly? Why or why not?
2. Have you ever been involved in a more public rebuke? How did it go? Did you learn anything from it?
3. Have you ever found yourself believing something at first but not practicing it over time? Why might this happen?
4. How does caring about what other people think influence our decisions negatively? How could it influence us in a positive way?
5. Do you identify most with Paul, Peter, or Barnabas in this situation? Why?
6. Gentiles may have felt like they didn’t measure up or were not included. As Christians, how do we want people to feel when they are around us? How can we practically make sure that happens?
7. Does Paul say there are any works of the law that can help us be right with God? How does that make you feel?